January 17, 2011

MFA applications and the like

It is official. Today I finished the last of my applications for graduate school applying to University of Montana, University of Wyoming, University of Oregon and of course to University of Iowa. Now it is up to the universe to see where I go from here. On another note, I'm back in Colorado again just waiting. My grandmother is dying in Michigan and my mom wanted me here to help her out and to be close for the funeral. It has been a long time since I have had to deal with death. I find myself failing without any candles to light and too sleepy to cry, magpie dilemma.

1 comment:

  1. now you can sit back, pretend to relax, and try to figure out what you used to do before applications.
    & on another note, i'm so sorry. my grandfather died yesterday--what a strange flurry of emotions. go buy a pretty black dress, pour a glass of wine, and read some barthelme:
    http://www.npr.org/programs/death/readings/stories/bart.html
    lovinNmissinU.

    ReplyDelete