March 15, 2011

March Madness!

This month has been utterly crazy and it is only half through! I apologize for the long absence but I've been traveling and working like crazy. Right now I'm with Caley and the rest of the FeelGoodNow.com team at South by Southwest (SXSW) Interactive Conference in Austin. Most notably famous for being an incredibly huge music event (as it surely is) our third year at the conference has been the biggest and best yet. Since I've been so terribly lax in updates recently I will give you some highlights until I can get back to Oakland and put something more substantial together!
  • We saw Diplo and Eclectic Method at the Seaholm Power Plant on Friday night (I think) and it was crazy! Only a few weeks ago was I turned on to the video remixes of E.M. so I was very pleasantly surprised to see them live. I'd try to explain the venue but you'll just have to wait until you see the pictures as words won't suffice. (Side note: Joanna Newsom's "Does Not Suffice" has been owning my playlists lately. Divine.)
  • Last night we saw Fences play at the ACL Moody Theater. Excellent venue with probably the coolest digital displays I've ever seen. Too bad the lag time between sets was excruciatingly long and we had too jump ship before Yeasayer to catch Big Boi at Seaholm (so much booty shaking!). 
  • Getting to catch up with the lovely Miss Maureen has been wonderful too. We spent a few nights out on the town at the Mohawk and Venue 222 amongst others. We also ate at two really incredible restaurants, Buenos Aires Cafe and Hopdoddy Burgers (the make a mean Sangarita). 
  • Meeting new people at SXSW is always such an interesting and wonderful experience. Sometimes we forget how good it feels to be around people who are just as passionate and geeky as we are. This year we've had the pleasure of hanging out with Ryan, Angie and Nathan from Location3Media in Denver, some charming British fellas from Casual Films, some old friends from Village Voice and of course our kickass team. 
That's all I can give you for now my dears as I'm off to dinner with the team. Check back in a few days to for more videos, photos and babblings about the rest of my trip. Tonight we are hoping to catch Fitz & The Tantrums at the closing party which I'm sure will be a shitshow. For all my California folk, fear not, Caley and I are slated to be back in the Bay on Saturday but might come back as soon as Thursday (liver failure + mass amounts of work = dipping out early). We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment